Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Looks like we're going somewhere

Right I'm back on this day, tuesday, just like I said I would be, I've been having a look at the code that I left off with and I'm beginning to understand it a little, it seems that the DownloadFile is in fact a command within VB's libary but it needs to have a few of it's settings changed to allow it to run, not quite sure yet what exactly, but I'm getting there. I've decided that I'm going to do the first part now, create some input boxes to allow the user to enter some keywords that their website is related to - they will then click a button to pull up a list of potential link partners using google's search engine. This is really simple, firstly the user enters their keyword, this keyword is entered into a variable, probably 'keyword' and then the data miner code I've got will go to http://www.google.co.uk/search?q='keyword'. This will pull the source for the search results and then it's on to pulling out the URL's and the correct ones too, because of course there's the adverts and irrelevant google links.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home